- Comment on Placid Plastic Duck Simulator Steam Deck Compatibility 1 week ago:
Thanks for the feedback everyone! I really thought you got to *be* the plastic duck. I appreciate your help, because I wasn’t expecting a glorified screensaver.
- 1 week ago to firstname.lastname@example.org | 9 comments
- Comment on [deleted] 4 weeks ago:
You keep saying this but haven’t posted logs showing their side of the conversation. I’ve had my difficulties reaching someone who wasn’t just copy and pasting prewritten responses from a script, but the way you’re avoiding answering peoples questions is suspicious.
- Comment on Would it be theoretically possible to create a 'vibration module' for the Deck? 5 weeks ago:
Roy, is that you…?
- Comment on I just got my steam deck RMAed after 1.5 years. Guess what was the first thing I did when It turned on. 5 weeks ago:
Apple will sell you a laptop with dead pixels on the screen and refuse to replace it unless a certain minimum number are dead. I was furious.
- Comment on [help] Is pirated tutorials forbidden here ? 5 weeks ago:
Tutorials on how to use and install the legal side of emulators are allowed, it’s when you encroach on copyright that things become questionable.
Do not post links to sources of copyrighted materials.
Pictures of your Deck running software only released on other systems are questionable. My biggest problem with /r/steamdeck is how it made me feel like I joined a bad faith community by buying the device.
It is important to note there are a handful of moderators and we discuss as a group before we take action. I am not the only voice, so you may opt to wait for others to comment.
I’m just so tired of the LOOK WHAT I CAN STEAL attitude of /r/steamdeck
- Comment on If iFixit starts selling steam motherboards, can you buy just a motherboard and make a console-only steamdeck? 1 month ago:
I use Deck mainly docked in 1080p. The only issues I have are with very recent games. After some questions and learning, I’ve come to expect not to use it for current big-name games. To that end, well optimized modern games like Powerwash Simulator run fabulous. Most of my Steam library plays very well and is perfectly enjoyable!
- Comment on [Discussion] Do you use desktop mode, and if so, what do you use it for? - August Week 2 2023 1 month ago:
I mostly use it to set up Non-Steam Games like Diablo. Once set up, I go back to gaming mode. I once briefly considered using it to resolve a server issue for a business client (by using SSH which for god knows why is expensive as fuck on iPad), but decided against it – I was home to relax not work.
When I first got my Deck I installed several emulators for nostalgia (of course for games I own legitimate versions of), but after recently re-imaging my Deck I haven’t had the urge to do that again. I got what I needed, and may do it again some day; but for now I’m satisfied by Steam games and Diablo.
- Comment on What are some good games to play while absolutely baked? 1 month ago:
+1 for Skyrim!
- Comment on Microsoft claims: Steam Deck Did Not Need Call Of Duty To Succeed 1 month ago:
The way people who cheat talk about input modifier devices leaves a bad taste in my mouth, so I can understand why a driver level system was considered.
Cheaters in online games really are the worst type of people because they feel entitled to ruin other peoples games. It’s one thing to “level up” your solo experience. It’s a different thing to intend to ruin someone else’s.
- Comment on Is anyone having issues with the latest stable yuzu on emudeck ? 2 months ago:
You might have better luck asking a Yuzu community, since your problem is with Yuzu and not Steam Deck.